Sign in to follow this  
Chris

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

Man, I don't know how or why I went so long without watching this, but I finally did last night and shame on me for not doing so sooner:

Rami Malek did one hell of a job capturing Mercury's swagger and unmatched stage presence. The only thing that I found distracting was the orthodontia in which they tried to match Mercury's overbite. I felt like it was a little overdone, and you knew you were looking at Malek. But strangely enough later in the movie, when his hair was shorter, he really pulled it off. Maybe I was used to seeing him ( the actor ) or maybe it was the shorter hair. Who knows. 

Definitely a must watch, especially for music fans. 

• Like 1

Last night we watched the actual footage of Queen's set from Live Aid. Man, it's amazing to watch and knowing full well Freddie didn't feel well. Not only that, he went out there and destroyed and all the while knew his days were numbered. 

I found this video, which shows side by side footage of the set and the movie adaptation. It's amazing how detailed the movie performance was, right down to when Freddie makes a quick knob turn or something in the beginning. 

Check it out:

• Like 1

Also the placement of the Pepsi cups on top of the piano.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Also the placement of the Pepsi cups on top of the piano.

LOL The beer wasn't as full in the movie. My guess is someone was taking sips between takes. 

• Like 1