Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

HBO's Game Of Thrones Prequel Series Reveals Cast As Production Begins

Game of Thrones fans have a lot to look forward to in 2022. 

HBO Max announced on Monday that production on its spinoff prequel series, House of the Dragon, has begun. Using the show's newly-launched Twitter profile, the network shared a photo of the cast participating in a socially-distanced table read.

"Fire will reign," the tweet read, featuring a photo of the stars at work. "The @HBO original series #HouseoftheDragon is officially in production. Coming soon to @HBOMax in 2022."

House of the Dragon's Twitter page also confirmed details about the castand their respective characters. Matt Smith stars as Prince Daemon Targaryen, Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower, Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen, Steve Toussaint as The Sea Snake and Emma D'Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.

Read the rest here.

Meanwhile, it's been 10 years since "A Dance With Dragons", the 5th of seven books in the "Ice and Fire" series, was released. In that time we've seen seven seasons of the show come and go. George Martin has also written at least one other book. To hell with him, all seven of them. 

On 4/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Chris said:

Meanwhile, it's been 10 years since "A Dance With Dragons", the 5th of seven books in the "Ice and Fire" series, was released. In that time we've seen seven seasons of the show come and go. George Martin has also written at least one other book. To hell with him, all seven of them. 

Yeah at this point I would probably have to re read the whole series and I don't know if I can do that.

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Yeah at this point I would probably have to re read the whole series and I don't know if I can do that.

I KNOW I can't at this point. And seriously, why should we? Having millions of readers left hanging while you spend 10 years on other writing projects is a dick move.