Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

John Denver Estate To Commemorate 50th Anniversary Of "Rocky Mountain High"

In a statement released on Instagram recently, the John Denver estate announced a special edition of his album, "Rocky Mountain High", originally  released on September 15, 1972:

“In celebration of its 50th Anniversary, the beloved Rocky Mountain High album and song will be reissued on limited edition blue vinyl by Windstar Records and Secretly Distribution on September 16. Pre-order and purchase exclusive merchandise.

Originally released on September 15, 1972, Rocky Mountain High was Denver’s first Top 10 album and is officially recognized as the second state song of Colorado as of 2007. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 12.18.42 PM.png

It was written while Denver was camping in the Rocky Mountains during the Perseid Meteor Shower, expressing his love and wonder for his adopted state.

Denver’s estate will be commemorating the anniversary throughout the year, including a special performance with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra on September 8th featuring audio and video of Denver himself and backed by members of his former band.”

On October 12, 1997 Denver died after an aircraft he was piloting crashed into the Pacific ocean. He was 53 years old. 

• Like 1

One of the greatest songs ever written. The moment you hear that first guitar note, you know what it is, and you know what to do: Crank it.

As a collector item i can see the value in this album . But since I don’t want to invest in a turntable and I have the complete CD box set ( thank you Chris ) for my John Denver fix , I would take a pass .