Sign in to follow this  
MsKreed

Gov. Hochul approves temporary government jobs for migrants

The Civil Service Commission voted to approve the measure on Jan. 18 and is working with agencies to implement the changes, which include dropping typical application requirements like proof of a high school diploma or proficiency in English.

“I have 10,000 openings in the New York State workforce. From our operations to SUNY, I have 10,000 openings. So this is to give options to people but to say we are working intensely to get work authorization — these are all legal people,” said Hochul.

The goal is to make it faster for migrants to get jobs once they get work authorization.

Hochul is eyeing 4,000 entry-level posts that are currently unfilled within state agencies, including:-clerical or administrative roles-technical support-equipment service and repair-food services.

Jobs won’t be limited to just migrants and officials are billing it as a “win-win,” according to an internal memo dated Jan. 12 from the Department of Civil Service first reported by Bloomberg News and obtained by NY1.

“I’m anxious to get this moving quickly, and once they’re approved, we can match people to jobs. They don’t need to be reliant on services any longer, which I think is the objective to not have people supported by taxpayers in our shelters,” said Hochul.

Source

1 hour ago, MsKreed said:

…include dropping typical application requirements like proof of a high school diploma..

Jobs won’t be limited to just migrants

There ya go folks, now’s your chance to break free of that McMinimum wage job and get ya one of those cushy state jobs.

dropping …. proficiency in English.

Going to the DMV or calling about any state office is about to be a lot more fun! /s

20 minutes ago, Chris said:

Going to the DMV or calling about any state office is about to be a lot more fun! /s

Truth.

But I guess not speaking English with be a great way to improve the process for the all the non-English speaking illegals that NYS started issuing under the "Green Light" Law a few years ago....

The Driver's License Access and Privacy Act, commonly called the 'Green Light law allows all New Yorkers age 16 and older to apply for a standard, not for federal purpose, non-commercial driver license or learner permit regardless of their citizenship or lawful status in the United States.