Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Vegetable Garden Layout: Seven Best Design Secrets

Before this blog took over, I worked as a garden designer for over 10 years. My favorite gardens always had an edible garden in them! 

I found that the best vegetable garden layout & designs invariably have a lot of things in common. They are all well planned, easily accessible, very productive, inviting, and beautiful . 

Today I am super excited to share with you 7 secrets to create great vegetable garden layout & designs and practical tips you can implement in your own garden right away! For more, here are 52 Best landscaping ideas & designs for front & backyard garden, and our complete guide to vegetable gardening for beginners.

Check out the ideas here. ( Some pop up ads )

Interestingly ( though unsurprising ) the thing that got my attention when I saw this on Facebook didn't even show up in the article. 

I like this idea, at least for my potato bed, and may try it this year:

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 11.17.13 AM.png

Ok, not quite that intricate, but you get the idea. At 2.38 a block, it would be cheaper than lumber, and more durable. Might be worth looking at a "pallet price" and have them delivered. You can never have too many cement blocks!