TTL News

Man Charged With Grand Larceny After Investigation At Horseheads High School

During the morning hours of March 26, 2023, Horseheads Police were called to the Horseheads High School for a report of larceny involving the theft of copper wiring from construction taking place at the school near the football stadium. 

After what police describe as an extensive investigation which involved canvassing the neighborhood, surveillance of the school, reviewing camera footage, and numerous foot patrols, police were able to make an arrest. 

As a result, thirty-four year old Joseph Paul was charged with Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, Criminal Trespass, and 3rd Degree Grand Larceny. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 6.58.01 PM.png

Paul was released on an appearance ticket and will appear in court at a later date. 

After further investigation and interviews, police executed two search warrants, one in the Village of Horseheads and one in the City of Elmira. Diring the execution of those warrants, police were able to locate remnants of the insulation that was stripped from the wiring. Horseheads Police were assisted by the Chemung County Sheriff's Department as well as Elmira Police Department. 

The investigation into this case is ongoing, and further arrests could be made. Anyone with information about this incident are asked to call the Horseheads Police Department at 607-739-5668

Between this and another post I saw online yesterday, it absolutely amazes me that people will still try to steal even knowing there's cameras everywhere anymore. Although I have to guess it's the lack of consequences that emboldens them. 

I suspected that he's related to one of the people who robbed us several years ago and yeah, he is. 

Sitting here seeing on the tube a whole butt load of things idiots and … some educated idiots included do the thought came to me . Wouldn’t it be great if we could just take a few out behind the barn and slap the shit out of them ? Then again you can slap till the cows come home and not slap the Stupid out of them ! 

OH MY GOD … I SOUND LIKE MY FATHER 😂