Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Reed Announces Funding For Electric Vehicle Infrastructure

CORNING, NY - Last week, Tom Reed announced that due to the recently passed Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, New York State will receive nearly $175 million in funding for a network of electric vehicle chargers.

"Thanks to funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, electric vehicle charging stations will be a reality for our communities. This will have a positive impact on our region's amazing tourist destinations that will now be more easily accessible to electric vehicle drivers." said Reed. "By providing convenient charging for long-distance traveling, as well as for daily use, the investments from this bill will see an increase of electric vehicles into our area." 

According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill will spur the creation of a nation-wide network of 500,000 electric vehicle chargers by 2030 including a special program for smaller and underserved communities. On top of the nearly $175 million for the expansion of an electric vehicle charging network, New York will also have the opportunity to apply for grants out of the $2.5 billion available for electric vehicle charging. 

Elon Musk slams Biden’s plan to spend government money on electric vehicles

“Do we need support for gas stations? We don’t,” Musk said. “So there’s no need for support for a charging network. I would delete it. I’m literally saying get rid of all subsidies, but also for oil and gas.”

Musk said the government should act more like a sports referee than a player on the field. Still, he conceded that U.S. cities need better airports and highways, and that self-driving cars, which Tesla is trying to develop, but has not yet delivered, are likely to choke the highways with traffic in the future. 

• Like 1

I like Musk he l sorta lives in the real world. I also agree with getting rid of Gov subsidies for anything that would not survive with them. Like the ethanol industry and electric vehicles. 

Where I disagree with him is I think people should be able to repair their own car.

Edited by Kevin