Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

JK Rowling Banned From New Harry Potter Project With Original Cast

THR has reported that the only way the retrospective will include the celebrated author is through archival footage. WarnerMedia has not made even a single mention of JK Rowling in its announcement or provided the reason for her absence. But it is easy to deduce that WarnerMedia is keeping its distance from the constant backlash Rowling has been facing because of her comments that have been viewedas transphobic by many. 

In 2020, JK Rowling took to Twitter to criticize the gender-inclusive phrase “people who menstruate” and stated that “if sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives.” While many have come out in her favor, most of the celebrities associated with the Harry Potter franchise, including the original cast, have openly expressed their disappointment with JK Rowling’s stand on the topic. 

See the rest here.

Do you agree with the decision to exclude her from this event? Or, what are your thoughts otherwise? 

1 hour ago, TwinTiersLiving said:

Do you agree with the decision to exclude her from this event? Or, what are your thoughts otherwise? 

I think it’s dumb scary that Warner Bros would capitulate to a handful ingrates who the studio paid millions for the sole task of portraying JK’s characters.

It seems like her questioning a phrase like “people who menstruate” is more rooted in long-held science and fact than “intolerance” or “hate speech”.

I don’t know if Bill Maher has weighed in on JK’s “cancellation” specifically..... But he’s made some excellent points on the “woke” concept in general.

The following has some NSFW language, but I find the increasing acceptance of (and even demand for) distorted words that he’s pointing out much more chilling than a few curse words.

I know things are screwed up when I find myself agreeing with Bill Maher. 

9 hours ago, Chris said:

I know things are screwed up when I find myself agreeing with Bill Maher. 

I think I have you beat, albeit on a different news topic.....

Chris Cuomo just made some statements [regarding the Rittenhouse case] that I wholeheartedly agreed with! 😲

Edited by MsKreed

14 hours ago, MsKreed said:

I think I have you beat, albeit on a different news topic.....

Chris Cuomo just made some statements [regarding the Rittenhouse case] that I wholeheartedly agreed with! 😲

Whoa, that's serious. 

My buddy and I had a long conversation about this kind of stuff yesterday. In the end, it's unfortunate that people can't just disagree anymore. Honestly, does Daniel Radcliffe expect that if I disagree with him on something I should shun him and his entire body of work? Or on a more local scale, if I disagree with my friends on an issue, I should not associate with them? Eventually you'll just end up in this protective bubble of self-affirmation with no one to talk to!

We could examine the statements that Rowling made, but the overall gist of this is when is this complete ruination and public shaming of people who have a different opinion going to end?