Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

These Are The Six Toughest Pickups Of The '80's ( And 4 SUV's )

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 8.19.46 AM.png

Not even driving all the trucks of the world can make us tired of loving trucks. They're are soothing, benign workhorses that exhibit unmistakable machoism. Trucks today are an integral part of our lives, whether we are cruising across tough country roads or the smooth tarmac of the urban estates. Some people love their trucks huge and intimidating; others will make do with medium-sized trucks, while even the small-sized ones will get the job done for some enthusiasts. But no matter what size they come in, one of the major characteristics of pickup trucks is their ability to take a beating and still continue to deliver the same performance and utility decade after decade. However, not all trucks are built the same.

Every decade had its own pack of greatest pickups that stood out for their style and competence, and the '80s are perhaps the golden middle, where trucks and SUVs offered both power and tank-like build quality. But while the pickups in the '80s were already built upon years of past experience, SUVs were just getting started. Luckily, '80s models from both of these segments hold up incredibly well today, selling at bargain prices despite offering just as much value as the day they left the factory.

In this list, we bring you the six of the most durable and dependable pickup trucks introduced and produced in the '80s as well as 4 SUVs. Each one of these models is still a great bargain purchase with plenty of power and hauling capability.

See the rest of this article here, and tell us, what do YOU think is the best of all time?

It's really hard to argue with this list since you still see so many of these trucks on the roads today. There'd probably be more if not for the "Cash For Clunkers" program several years ago. 

Since they included SUV's, I have to go with the 1988 Ford Bronco.

pictures-ford-bronco-1987-1-1509025606.jpg

Those things were huge, and I never found a situation I couldn't get out of when I had mine, including a late night romp through an area swamp. I miss that old truck. 

I remember one heavy snowstorm when I lived up the road, and my driveway much longer, I didn't have time to shovel or plow. I just dropped the hammer and burst out onto the road like it was nothing. The lady across the road was watching out the window and later told me she never thought I'd actually make it out. 

• Like 1