TTL News

UPDATE: Fatal Crash In Horseheads Under Investigation

Yesterday at approximately 5:02 p.m., the State Police in  Horseheads responded to a 2 person - single tractor trailer fatal on the Route 13 ramp located off of I-86 eastbound in the town of Horseheads. It appeared as if the truck failed to negotiate the curve and exited the ramp into nearby trees without any indication of braking. One of the two occupants was ejected and was located in the grass line and the other occupant remained in the truck.

Police say one of the occupants was pronounced deceased at the scene, and the second occupant was taken to Arnot Ogden Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased.

The investigation is continuing at this time, and more information will be released after notifications to family members have been made.

That was quite a mess last night.  Exit closed for hours. To top it off apparently there was yet another wreck by consumer square (there was one Sunday) at about the same time.

Update:

The State Police release the names of the 2 occupants killed in a tractor trailer accident on Monday, November 8th on I-86 in Horseheads.  The operator, identified as Zegazhab Gerezgier, age 29, from Texas, and passenger, Idris Mustapha, age 40, also from Texas were killed when the tractor-trailer they were traveling in crashed on I-86 at exit 54 in the town of Horseheads.

The investigation is continuing at this time.