Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Happier Holidays: "A Christmas Story" Sequel To Be Released In November

It’s been almost 40 years since Ralphie dreamed and schemed for his Red Ryder BB gun, but fans only have to wait a few more months for a sequel set to stream on HBO Max beginning Nov. 17, Deadline confirmed.

Peter Billingsley will reprise his role from the 1983 original as Ralphie Parker, returning to his childhood home in “A Christmas Story Christmas” with his wife and children in a bid to recapture the holiday magic of his childhood, according to an IMDB.com synopsis.

There has been no confirmation or denial of the use of pink bunny suits in the making of the sequel, however.

Read more about it here.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this, particularly when they already tried a sequel that went straight to video and was, by all accounts, awful. 

Although having some of the original cast, at the original location... it may work. My understanding is it's set in the 1970's and Ralphie is now grown and returns home.