Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Roger Goodell Mulls Eighteen Game Slate, President's Day Super Bowl

"I think we're good at 17 now," Goodell said. "But, listen, we're looking at how we continue. I'm not a fan of the preseason." Then, gesturing toward a group of fans assembled nearby, Goodell said, "And I don't think these guys like it either." He continued: "The reality is, I'd rather replace a preseason game with a regular-season game any day. That's just picking quality. If we get to 18 and 2, that's not an unreasonable thing."

Adding an additional regular-season game could, theoretically, result in a second bye week being added, which would lengthen the regular season. But Goodell would welcome that, he said, as he envisions a Presidents Day weekend built around the Super Bowl on Sunday night.

"And then you have Monday off," Goodell said.

Read the rest here.

What do YOU think about this idea?

I realize not everyone has President's Day off, but I do, and would welcome this. 

As for how many games, I'd say that's something the players should have more say in. 

Goodell also spoke about a future increase to the number of games played internationally, saying he envisions as many as 16 regular-season games being played abroad, perhaps, within the next 10 years.

This I am against. It's nuts to expect these teams to travel internationally and perform well on the field. Add to that the quality of the turf being different, and you could have a situation like what happenes to Matt Milano last year all over again.