Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Governor Hochul Signs Law Banning Wildlife Killing Contests

Governor Kathy Hochul signed legislation over the holidays banning wildlife killing contests, making New York the ninth state in the nation to outlaw such contests.

The new law, which takes effect Nov. 1, bans certain hunting contests, competitions, tournaments, and derbies that allow for the take of large numbers of wildlife.

The law will also make it illegal for anyone to organize, sponsor, conduct, promote or participate in any contest with the objective of hunting wildlife for prizes, inducement, or entertainment.

See more here.

I’m okay with this. I’ve never been a fan of competition killing.

I’m not a fan of competition hunting but see this is just one step closer to banning all hunting. 
We’ve seen these slippery slope laws in farming before. Some activist group goes into a town that has no, say pig farms.  They get the town to pass some ordinance about pig farms in the town bc no one is there to fight against it because no one in that town cares because it doesn’t affect them. Then that group moves on to another town and another until they get to a town where there are pig farms but now they have this precedent of these other towns to draw on and end up getting a law passed that greatly affects the pig farming community.