Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Stephen Colbert To Produce "Chronicles Of Amber" TV Series Adaptation

Stephen Colbert is joining the team that is adapting Roger Zelazny’s “The Chronicles of Amber” for television. 

Colbert will now executive produce the potential series under his Spartina production banner. Spartina joins Skybound Entertainment and Vincent Newman Entertainment (VNE) on the series version of the beloved fantasy novels, with Skyboudn first announcing their intention to develop the series back in 2016. The books have been cited as an influence on “Game of Thrones,” with author George R.R. Martin recently stating he wanted to see the books brought to the screen.

“George R.R. Martin and I have similar dreams,” Colbert said. “I’ve carried the story of Corwin in my head for over 40 years, and I’m thrilled to partner with Skybound and Vincent Newman to bring these worlds to life. All roads lead to Amber, and I’m happy to be walking them.”

Read the rest here.

Well like someone said on r/Amber, we’ve been disappointed how many times before? Seems like it’s “been in production” for twenty years now. 

Though I have to admit I'm a little nervous about what they'll do for casting. Will they stay true to the books? Although to be fair, they never really mention skin color, unless it was for the people in Rebma. The rest is more hair color, beard, etc. 

And I wonder if they'll set it in the 70's or current times?

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Well like someone said on r/Amber, we’ve been disappointed how many times before? Seems like it’s “been in production” for twenty years now. 

Never even thought to check for an r/Amber.  All we can do is hope we actually get it this time and they do good by it. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Though I have to admit I'm a little nervous about what they'll do for casting. Will they stay true to the books? Although to be fair, they never really mention skin color, unless it was for the people in Rebma. The rest is more hair color, beard, etc. 

And I wonder if they'll set it in the 70's or current times?

I would hope they keep the same setting and not try make it set in modern times. I am sure they will pander to some group to keep it PC.

Ok, for the important question: Who should play what characters?

I was thinking about who should be Corwin, and for some reason Timothy Olyphant came to mind, though not entirely sure about that one:

AEC067F4-C074-4506-957E-07704F75B8CD.jpeg

Tom Huddleston as Julian? Maybe more Random perhaps, although that’s a little close to Loki, so maybe neither.

043CB25C-4900-4C7F-92E9-B29D5152155A.jpeg