Chris

First Arena

3 hours ago, MsKreed said:

Wow. I can't find it.........I wasn't aware he had an active Legislator FB page.  Like many of them, I only see the "campaign" page get busy during election years.

Even if he’s using slick, manipulative language like no taxes are being used for directly “operating the Arena”....then it’s twisting facts to give a false perception.

The ongoing Room Tax contributions have never been explained in anything more than vague “everyone benefits because the Arena brings visitors to the area”.  No specific, measurable metric to ever show a payoff for the “investment”. Ten years down, 15 to go. 

And the ARP funds were earmarked for specific equipment, repairs and replacements, etc.  All of which they argued were/are necessary for the Arena to operate. Period.

It was a press conference today.  Can be found on all the news sites

The following was sent from Chemung County Executive Christopher Moss to IDA Executive Director Joe Roman:

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 12.13.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 12.13.34 PM.png

Not that I disagree with his message, I do question whether he has absolute authority to stop or decline payments that I assume were previously approved by the legislator? 

The IDA requested the audit so they already knew their were issues and they wanted to figure out how to resolve.  An audit was the perfect start.  The executive seems to imply credit for everything no matter where it generated.

Again, I support the message just not the messenger.  lol

• Like 1

100% agree with @KarenK

I've no doubt that Moss has the authority to request the NYS Budget Office do an assessment, and it seems appropriate to do so.

The entire turn of events the last few years of owning/operating the Arena as tax-payer-owned property is questionable, and deserves scrutiny to ensure no one is wasting (or misusing) County resources.

The CCCR/IDA remitting payments "on behalf of" Donner/Mammoth needs investigating. As well as someone explaining what, if any, money was deposited in the "$625k/yr" fund that Donner's contract required (and an accounting of where every penny went). If nothing was deposited, the CCR/IDA oversight was an inexcusable failure that needs to be addressed. 

However, if a State assessment finds deeper issues than the independently commissioned audit did, then the appropriate legal processes are the answer - not the Exec acting as judge/jury and preemptively deciding the outcome by withholding money that was lawfully approved by the Legislature. 

That seems clearly outside the Executive's scope of authority.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MsKreed said:

However, if a State assessment finds deeper issues than the independently commissioned audit did, then the appropriate legal processes are the answer

along with the immediate and unconditional resignation of current IDA board/Chair

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

along with the immediate and unconditional resignation of current IDA board/Chair

personally it's really all a pissin match between Moss and the IDA chair due to ummm differences of opinion dating back years.

22 hours ago, KarenK said:

personally it's really all a pissin match between Moss and the IDA chair due to ummm differences of opinion dating back years.

Moss is no Saint by any metrics but the IDA has been screwing the pooch for years now in regards to the Arena, Margeson has picked up right where his predecessor left off....dont get me started on Roman either. fact of the matter is; the arena, in its current stages, is a millstone nothing more. for years now the pipe-dream of success as well as the recurrent promises of "tomorrow will be better" is played out; weive had and funded 20+ years of tomorrows and no better than at the beginning.