Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Early Owego Antique Center

My bride and I just left there! What a place, they took the former Newberry's dept store and made it into a antique store. 

It is broken down into sections and a different person rents each section.  The best part is you only pay at one location for everything instead of paying at each booth. 

They have almost everything you need and tons of stuff you don't need, but want. We got out of there relatively easy on the wallet. Since each section is owned by a different person some prices are reasonable, some seemed high. My wife found a mug that she liked for $6 in one location and then she saw the exact same mug in a different location for $18. 

Plan on spending a number of hours there because it is 2 floors of stuff. They have something for everyone.  

https://www.earlyowego.com/

• Like 5

You found our “ honey hole “ Kevin ! 

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I've popped down there to see what they have. Judging by the texts KSullivan sent me it may be worth a look. 

It used to be a more regular visit, as I'd time it to get our olive oil down there when Crystal City's Owego location was open. Then if there's time I swing up through Candor to the Bostwick Antique Mall in Candor, maybe Iron Kettle, and stop somewhere along the way for lunch. Usually the County Diner in Spencer.  

I can still remember the old Newberry's which we frequented after we moved to Lounsberry in '69 - got some really good items there, including a suitcase that's still in great condition! Have been thru the Antique store a couple times and really like the items and diversity... but didn't buy.

• Like 1

We went down there yesterday after not visiting in well over a year. We spent some money, for sure, but had fun. 

We had lunch at the pizza shop just down the street too, which was really good. 

• Like 2