TTL News

"What Did The Pandemic Ruin More Than We Realize?"

In a Reddit post made several days ago, a user asks the question, "What Did The Pandemic Ruin More Than We Realise?" (sic). Some of the 2000+ answers are as follows:

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 9.31.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 9.33.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 9.33.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 9.36.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 9.36.30 AM.png

What do you think?

• Like 1

Yeah I made sure to save that one for the end LOL

The thing about kids is true, there is a definite difference in behavior between pre and post COVID shutdowns. And I'd argue on behalf of the overall change in people as a whole, and not for the better. 

On perhaps a more positive note:

The pandemic disrupted our traditions, practices and pursuits, how we mark milestones, what we do with our time, what’s important in routines. It replaced old with new, a kind of new that just might stick. 

Nearly three years after the World Health Organization declared the deadly spread of COVID-19 a pandemic, there’s plenty of old life mixed with the new. And, yes, the latter includes a whole lot of Zooming still going on among families, colleagues and friends, near and far. 

Here’s a look at pandemic passions that for some are here to stay:

INSTRUMENT REDUX 

That sax in the corner. The piano that looks so nice in the living room but was rarely played. People picked up their instruments again, some after decades, to flex their musical muscles. 

They’re not looking for concert careers, but they’re dedicated in their rediscoveries.

Bob Dorobis in Middletown, New Jersey, worked intensely to improve his guitar fingerpicking during the pandemic after a long break. Now, the 70-year-old software developer is looking forward to more practice time in retirement.

“When your fingerpicking sounds good it’s very rewarding,” he said. “I finally realized the only way for me to like it better is to learn it better.”

See the rest here.

Any positives you see or take part on that stem from the pandemic?

1 hour ago, Elmira Telegram said:

Any positives you see or take part on that stem from the pandemic?

I make a mean cocktail. 

Wait...