Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Bob's

1286 Lowman Rd., Lowman NY 14861

Facebook Page

When Bob's opened as an ice cream and coffee shop a couple years ago, I told the owner outright I thought he was nuts. Location is everything, and it didn't seem like there was enough demand for an ice cream stand out in the country anymore. Time has proven me wrong in that respect, as people really seem to enjoy it. 

So I should have known better to think maybe he was a little nuts when it came to opening year round and serving pizza, wings, etc. But nevertheless, we recently ordered from there to see how it was. Here what they offer as of right now:

Menu.jpeg

We got a 13" pepperoni pizza and an order of wings. 

The pizza is baked in a wood fired oven, so right away it stands out from a lot of the other places around here. It is hand tossed by the look of things, so it's not a perfectly round 13" pizza. But who ares? What does it taste like, that's what's important. 

Overall I'd say it's good. Good amount of cheese and the pepperoni had a decent flavor, which makes me think it's a little better quality. The sauce is a little sweeter than I'm accustomed to, and I think could use a little garlic and oregano. If I didn't know better, I'd be tempted to say there's some wine in it... it just has that kind of flavor. The crust was good. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.57.29 AM.png

Wings are one of those things you either f--k up completely and we never order from you again or you get it right. And I have to say, I had low expectations, especially from a place that hasn't been making them a long time. But Bob's got them right. The sauce is a mix between your typical "Buffalo style" flavor and the BBQ kind of thing you get from Pudgies. Most importantly, they were cooked correctly. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.57.34 AM.png

So many places undercook their wings, and there's few things worse than biting into undercooked, rubbery chicken skin. None of that here, they were cooked a little to the dryer side, which I like. 

Overall I think the prices are fair, considering the size of the business and the investment they have made into establishing themselves there on the corner. We'll be ordering again. 

• Like 1

If anyone has ever wanted to have an ice cream stand, Bob's is now for sale. 

I was wondering if he was still open.  I’m sorry to see it’s for sale.