Sign in to follow this  
TTL News Bot

Kevin Costner: Returning "Yellowstone" Is A Hit On Its Own Terms

In its fifth season, “Yellowstone” opens with Costner’s Montana rancher John Dutton awaiting the outcome of his reluctant run for governor -- a big-swing effort to shield his family’s vast land and business against challenges from developers and empowered Native Americans.

Dutton’s populist-style campaign promised to safeguard Montana values, or likely those that dovetail with the interests he’s gone to extremes to protect. Would Costner himself consider seeking office? “No, I don’t think so,” he said. 

In an interview with The Associated Press, he discussed why “Yellowstone” has gained a following, the series’ portrayal of Native Americans, and his long-held regard for the Western genre done right. Remarks have been edited for brevity and clarity.

See the interview here

I still have to watch Season 4. We sat down to watch it, and Episode 1 seemed like there was a huge time jump and I thought, "Well, maybe they did that on purpose."

No, the episodes and descriptions were wrong, so what was supposed to be Episode 1 was actually the season finale. 

Now I need to go back and see what all led up to that finale. 😑

sorry, in a way shes bad-ass, but just cannot get with team Beth

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

sorry, in a way shes bad-ass, but just cannot get with team Beth

I felt the same way at first, but more and more she’s grown on me. As has Rip.

1 hour ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Not a bad show but I think Id rather watch you tube clips of it.

Noooo... you have to watch it in its entirety to enjoy it

I'm still catching up on Season 4, so we're about three episodes behind on Season 5. But man, this show just keeps getting better and better! Costner really nails his role. 

We started watching Season 5 last night and it's still going strong in my opinion. Of course they're still doing the set up for this season's major conflict, but it's doing it in ways you're still not really sure what it'll be. One thing I know for sure, Beth is really overplaying her hand this time around and I think it's going to bite her in the ass. I suppose one could argue it needs to.

As much as I like “Yellowstone”, we are just now getting around to the prequel, “1883.” I have to say, it may just be better than “Yellowstone!”