TTL News

Election Day 2022 Mega Thread

Here’s the spot for all things related to the going’s on for Election Day 2022, including national and state.

Did you vote? We’re there any problems? How was voter turnout in your location?

Actual local results will go in the appropriate threads in Twin Tiers Topics.

I was #4 this morning. There was an issue with my ballot because I marked something that the computer couldn't decipher. So I just had to re-do it, no big deal. 

One of the computers where they sign you in wasn't working, and once it was, it the guy who came after me listed as having already voted. He made it clear he hadn't, and was pretty angry when he left without voting. I hope he called the board of elections to clarify this and returns to vote later.

Full house at the Horseheads Town Hall. I got in and out no issue. Wife had some difficulty. They had her registered under her maiden name. She claims she changed it over after we got married. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Elderly man was told he had an absentee ballot mailed to him. He was required to fill an affidavit ballot. 

Those who only watch the big three on tv are going to be left in the dark when it comes to local races that they’ll vote party line and as for the back of the ballot - “I didn’t know what that shit was for so I voted ‘no’.”

Love it. Awareness should be a requirement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I was #4 this morning. There was an issue with my ballot because I marked something that the computer couldn't decipher. So I just had to re-do it, no big deal. 

One of the computers where they sign you in wasn't working, and once it was, it the guy who came after me listed as having already voted. He made it clear he hadn't, and was pretty angry when he left without voting. I hope he called the board of elections to clarify this and returns to vote later.

I hope he contacts them as well ! These electronic voting machines and the others they use to check you in are crap and you have to remember the “ 3 strikes and your out “ rule as well ! Yeah , sure hope he came back to vote …

I’m hearing of a really heavy voter turnout around the county. Perhaps people trying to give Hochul the boot?

hoping against hope it bodes well for legislative race, and maybe the beginnings of some change more locally, almost asked the 1st lady( yup, gets public monies for that too) to come over and ask if i marked the Legislative pick dark enough, figured I entertain the Fates well enough, no point in tempting Karma as well 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I’m hearing of a really heavy voter turnout around the county. Perhaps people trying to give Hochul the boot?

I know the folks I talked to who are not voters as a rule came for that very reason.  Also, a good chance that the media predicting a "red wave" could be bringing out the blue to stop it.  We shall see.

Well unlike years past, there’s no way I’m staying up really late to watch for returns. This is gonna continue well into tomorrow, I’m sure.

2 minutes ago, KarenK said:

Oh I'm sure I will be up way later than I should be.  

My eyes are already like two pissholes in the snow.

We will have a LOT to talk about going forward. My gears are already turning.

There’s some question of absentee ballots, although I doubt it’s enough to change this. And there’s still more districts reporting. I think I see how this is going, but I’m holding off til tomorrow.

I am not seeing a “red wave” so far. 

He haas since deleted  

34383960-B2FA-445B-A5D9-0D0BA39D5739.jpeg

Edited by Jack

So the board of elections site initially didn’t have all the election districts listed. Then the total amount were added, which has definitely changed how the numbers and results looked.

In the past, they always had the total districts in each area listed. I don’t know why it was different this time. 

Bond from projected winner to that far behind in 30 minutes?  Wow

Edited by KarenK

Joseph Donovan won 6th District County Legislature seat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KarenK said:

Bond from projected winner to that far behind in 30 minutes?  Wow

All of the polling locations weren’t listed initially. At 8/8, those results were correct but then there was still another 8 they didn’t put on there. They’ve never done it that way before, it should have started out as “0/16”, thus the confusion

Here is a prime example of what happens when people vote their party only, or friends only and split the vote

image.thumb.png.858c99ef32f1b131cf796d1fe9a68fd9.png

If Sharpe hadn't had those other 2 who just had to run on those other lines, and he was able to run on all of them Mr Stermer may have actually been unseated.