TTL News Bot

1.75 Million New Yorkers Will Get $270 Checks

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Gov. Kathy Hochul and legislative leaders announced Thursday that a stimulus payment of about $270 will be sent to 1.75 million New Yorkers to combat inflation and improve affordability.

The New York Department of Taxation and Finance will soon begin sending direct financial assistance to New Yorkers who received the Empire State Child Credit and/or the Earned Income Credit on their 2021 state tax returns. New Yorkers can expect to receive their checks by the end of October.

“With this relief package, we’re making good on our commitment to helping hardworking New Yorkers through the nationwide affordability crisis,” Hochul said. ”This program will put money back in the pockets of nearly two million New York families struggling to make ends meet in the face of the pandemic, inflation, and other rising costs. My administration remains laser-focused on improving affordability statewide, and I thank the Legislature for its partnership in ensuring that New York families get this much-needed financial assistance.”

See more here.

Damn I get tired of having to be the Grinch when this happens ! Just how many actual  “ hard working New Yorkers “ are eligible to claim the Earned Income Credit ? Heres a thought … give those funds to those that can show a paycheck stub or some other proof that they actually work . Or send that relief money to anyone other than those receiving any State or Local Benefits . I have always wondered how someone on Welfare can get a Credit for Income they didn’t Earn in the first place !? “ Laser Focused “ … 😂 , we need a coffee spitting emoji! 

If someone is struggling to make ends meat due to the pandemic, I'm not sure how $270 is going to help. And how convenient it comes out just a 2 months before election day. 

People receiving SNAP benefits received the full amount eligible to the bracket they are in in August, great for those that need it. 

It just sucks for those working and struggling but make just a couple hundred dollars month or year to qualify for any help. 

As already noted, a one-time $270 windfall will do little to ease inflation for a struggling family. 

$270 x 1.75 million recipients = $475 million.  Seriously, half a billion dollars....without providing any real relief?

WTF?

1 hour ago, MsKreed said:

As already noted, a one-time $270 windfall will do little to ease inflation for a struggling family. 

$270 x 1.75 million recipients = $475 million.  Seriously, half a billion dollars....without providing any real relief?

WTF?

Your assuming relief is the objective

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Your assuming relief is the objective

Those empty 65" flatscreen TV boxes will be appearing on the curb a lot earlier than usual this holiday season.