Sign in to follow this  
MsKreed

FBI’s search of Trump’s Florida estate: Why now?

WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI searched President Joe Biden’s home in Wilmington, Delaware, on Friday and located additional documents with classified markings and also took possession of some of his handwritten notes, the president’s lawyer said Saturday.

The president voluntarily allowed the FBI into his home, but the lack of a search warrant did not dim the extraordinary nature of the search. It compounded the embarrassment to Biden that started with the disclosure Jan. 12 that the president’s attorneys had found a “small number” of classified records at a former office at the Penn Biden Center in Washington shortly before the midterm elections. Since then, attorneys found six classifieddocuments in Biden’s Wilmington home library from his time as vice president.

Though Biden has maintained “ there’s no there there,” the discoveries have become a political liability as he prepares to launch a reelection bid, and they undercut his efforts to portray an image of propriety to the American public after the tumultuous presidency of his predecessor, Donald Trump.

Source

Senator Paul made THIS point.... I believe I even heard him say that the menus for White House dinners are "classified"

"I go to classified hearings, and I haven’t actually been to a classified hearing where I actually thought I heard a secret, to tell you the truth," Paul also said. "Ultimately, we need to use the same standard for everyone, and we need to realize that part of this problem is overclassification of documents."

"Really, most of the stuff we see is not really that secret. But it’s all stamped that way. The intelligence community does this so they have more power and we have less power. I have long argued that Congress needs to know more and the American people need to know more about what the CIA does, what the FBI does. Because we can’t oversee them, we can’t have oversight and reform if we don’t know what they’re doing, and they avoid oversight by classifying things," Paul explained.

I read that now they're asking all former presidents to check for classified documents. 

Just heard a blurb from a Pence interview. "Mistakes were made. I take full responsibility".

What a refreshing contrast to the other disclosures that have been commented on: Evasive, defensive indignation at even being asked. 

And now there are calls to change the way documents are classified or the levels of sensitive materials that can be classified. You see of course how the spin is going to work here ! 

WASHINGTON, Feb 1 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department is conducting a planned search of Joe Biden's Delaware beach house with the president's cooperation, his lawyer said on Wednesday.

"We agreed to cooperate," Biden's personal lawyer, Bob Bauer, said in a statement, saying more information would be released after the search was concluded.

The Justice Department has previously searched the Democratic president's home in Wilmington, Delaware, and an office space he had used.

Source

What a joke ! Of course they are agreeing to cooperate … they have already been through the documents ! And the DOJ is just as phony! But the funniest part of this is the fact that we are expected to believe all is on the up and up ! 

9 hours ago, Elmira Telegram said:

Source

problem is, he had his lawyers scrubbing the home when the initial files were "discovered" meaning they were intentionally cleaning out anything that may surface to trouble his next run. So of course they will cooperate, any really juicy stuff has likely been shredded, burned, ground up and dumped in the Atlantic by now.....and how nice of the FBI to PLAN the search as if any of us would be afforded the same courtesy

Since this is back in the news, I thought I'd bump the thread back out into the open. 

If you haven't read it, here's the indictment.  

As if to support the indictment, there's this as well:

Footage has resurfaced online of Kid Rock claiming Donald Trumpshowed him secret maps and asked him what he thought “we should do about North Korea” – after the former president was indicted on 37 federal criminal charges for his handling of classified documents since leaving the White House.

In a 2022 interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News, the country rock star claims the former president asked his advice and showed him what he believed to be secret information during a visit to the White House in 2017.

“We’re looking at maps and s***, and I’m like, ‘Am I supposed to be in on this s***?’” Rock says in the clip as Carlson bursts out laughing.

Source

Honest to God, I don't see how anyone can defend or stand behind this guy with this knowledge, but they are.