Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Crystal City Olive Oil

This place was recommended by a friend years ago, and when we finally got to Market Street in Corning about a year or so we stopped in. 

They have a wide variety of olive oil and balsamic vinegars, some seasonal, some always in stock.

In addition to the Corning location there is one in Watkins Glen. Unfortunately the Owego location closed a while back. The staff are always friendly, always helpful. All product can normally be sampled so you know what you're buying, but with all the Covid stuff going on I don't think that's possible right now.

We're solidly hooked on the Tuscan herb infused olive oil. It's great with pork, chicken, even home fries. Some of the balsamic blends we have and use are lemon, raspberry, even espresso flavored. The raspberry I'd like to try over vanilla ice cream, but it's also great with chicken, especially used in conjunction with heavier spices. I've done the Blueberry balsamic vinaigrette over french vanilla ice cream and it's good, but use it sparingly!

The Sicilian Lemon is another good balsamic flavor. It pairs perfectly with the Tuscan Herb oil ( honestly, you can use it on anything ). 

It's worth checking out, especially if you like to cook and experiment in the kitchen like I do. 

Learn more about them at http://www.crystalcityoliveoil.com

50 minutes ago, km1997 said:

My wife is a loyal customer there.  

It’s been a game changer with our cooking!