Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Ollie's - Horseheads

I finally stopped in to check out the new Ollie's location in Grand Central Plaza yesterday. 

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but overall I was kinda impressed with the amount of and variety of stuff they have in there. A lot of is is off brand stuff, at least brands I've never heard of before. But they also had a lot of better known name brand stuff. You just have to look around to find it. 

I can see this being a stop if you have a bunch of stuff on a list that you need such as light bulbs, cleaners and other household products. I think the prices were pretty good, although I have a feeling on some of the items they may possibly be cheaper elsewhere, but I don't know for sure. And really, who has time to compare prices on things like paint rollers? You're there, you need them, you grab them. 

Overall, it's a cool store and it's nice to see cars coming and going from that section of the parking lot again. There's not a lot of shopping plazas still going strong. 

• Like 1

I never leave Ollie's with out checking out the book section and usually finding 1or 2 to buy.

• Like 2

Been there to Ollie's a few times and I concur with Chris - you won't find everything there but it's a cool place non-the-less. What's even better is, I don't have to go to Ithaca to go to Ollie's anymore. Woowho!

• Like 2

A while back we decided it was time to get some new cookware but I didn’t want to buy a whole set. Cue Ollie’s, where I found pretty much what I was looking for.

It’s a neat place to poke around and see what they have.