TTL News Bot

Elmira Man Arrested After Domestic Incident

Elmira Police arrested an Elmira man after a domestic incident.

On Wednesday, April 13, 2022, a woman went to the Elmira Police Department to report that she had been involved in a domestic incident at her home the day before.  The woman told police that during this incident she was attacked and threatened with a firearm. On Wednesday, she was repeatedly threatened with further harm. The woman also advised police there was more than one weapon in the residence. 

The suspect was identified as 44 year old Timothy Cameron  from Elmira.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.10.47 AM.png

Officers responded to the residence on Bonview St. to take Cameron into custody. When Cameron answered the door, he told the officers to leave and then retreated back inside of the residence. Due to the knowledge of firearms being inside of the residence, and threats to use them, officers retreated and a perimeter was established around the residence.  Additional resources responded to the scene to assist. A dialog was established and a short time later Cameron exited the residence and was taken into custody. A search warrant was obtained for the residence.  A shotgun and two .22 rifles were recovered from within the residence.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 8.11.21 AM.png

As a result of this investigation Timothy Cameron has been charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd, a class D felony offense.  He was also charged with Menacing 2nd and Criminal Obstruction of Breathing, both class A misdemeanors. 

Cameron is being held in the Elmira City Lockup pending arraignment on Thursday.

This incident happened to be on my normal afternoon route so I got to be a gawker and watch for a bit. Wondering why they didn't lock down the daycare that was not very far from the incident

Shirt inside out and backwards.  lol Must have been in a hurry.  No mention why the illegal firearms charge unless he is already a felon.  Maybe the guns are modified in some way?   I also like the flashlight duct taped to the bottom gun. Neat idea.  lol

4 hours ago, KarenK said:

Shirt inside out and backwards.  lol Must have been in a hurry.  No mention why the illegal firearms charge unless he is already a felon.  Maybe the guns are modified in some way?   I also like the flashlight duct taped to the bottom gun. Neat idea.  lol

That karen , is known as a poor mans Picatinny rail ! Would have been more fun had he done the same to the pump shotgun 😆

No self respecting criminal I know would be caught with a teal rifle.

• Haha 3