TTL News

Vital Issues In Chemung County

11 hours ago, Chris said:

Brennan: "Just wanna say I'm not against poor people, I'm not against poor people having a decent place to stay-"

Briggs ( I believe 😞 "Just don't let it be Horseheads."

I damn near fell out of my chair laughing. 

That was awesome.  

• Like 1

Was he getting Cues over the phone that whole time ? You could tell he was getting ready to put something forth as he was the one clearing his throat , then he comes out with his “ not in my backyard “ , then he got his ass handed to him LOL 😆 

And Please , Legislators… could you at least try to be considerate by not having out loud conversations while another has the floor ?! Geez I thought I was at our Gun Club Meeting … Roberts Rules folks ! 

Any word on what's happening with the health clinic that the legislature approved like, a year ago?

On 5/4/2023 at 10:27 AM, Chris said:

Any word on what's happening with the health clinic that the legislature approved like, a year ago?

Members of the Legislature have been asking the Executive for status updates since they passed the Resolution last June.....(June 13, 2022 Minutes)

Still no indication of when it will happen.....or if he's stalled too long and some window for federal approvals has killed it. 🤬

Edited by MsKreed

I saw on the news last night that Catholic Charities is setting up a dormitory style homeless shelter in Elmira. It'll be able to accommodate 48 people, but not families, and will be separated into sections for men and women. 

I'm curious how long until they see issues like other places ran into, with people wanting to stay there and not follow the rules. 

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I saw on the news last night that Catholic Charities is setting up a dormitory style homeless shelter in Elmira. It'll be able to accommodate 48 people, but not families, and will be separated into sections for men and women. 

I'm curious how long until they see issues like other places ran into, with people wanting to stay there and not follow the rules. 

That's already the problem they have had with others, such as Second Place East.  The rules are no drugs or alcohol and the majority of the homeless are out there because of drugs and alcohol.

I can see it as a safe place for those who want shelter and will follow the rules.  There are many of them

I got an answer about the FQHC center from a very good source this afternoon, and it is still happening.

Very good news!

• Like 2