Sign in to follow this  
TTL News Bot

HBO Announces Premiere Date For "Game Of Thrones" Prequel

The plot centers on the Dance of the Dragons — the civil war that took place between Targaryen siblings Aegon II and Rhaenyra over the throne after their father’s death.

The main characters will be Prince Daemon Targaryen (Matt Smith, “The Crown”), who is the king’s brother; his niece Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (Emma D’Arcy), who is the king’s daughter; King Viserys Targaryen (Paddy Considine); Alicent Hightower (Olivia Cooke); and Lord Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint), known as the Sea Snake.

See more here.  

So it's been released:

We watched the first two episodes last night and, as much as I hate to admit it, enjoyed it. 

It has a lot of what was great from GoT without the crappy, hurried storytelling that the show runners decided to inject into the final season. At least so far. It's interesting to watch, knowing what comes nearly 200 years after what we're seeing on the screen. I also think we're going to be shown where the mental health issues for the Targaryens came from, ( aside from inbreeding ) but not completely sure. 

Overall, definitely a good one. I just wish Martin would have finished the last two books before writing a prequel.

• Like 1

As much as I wanted to hate this, I couldn't. There's time jumps so the appearance of some of the characters changes, but overall it's really well done. Interestingly, with the exception of the first couple episodes, there's not nearly as much T&A as there was in GoT. 

just watched the season finale.....awesome and the way it ends you KNOW shits gonna get real in season 2

18 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Kind of funny the one season of this show was better than GOT as a whole. That last episode whoo boy 

Yeah, no way in hell I'm waiting until 2024, I'll read the book.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I just finished up a book last night and was looking for something new to read. So just bought it figured I get enough books for free might as well throw GRRM 5.00

On 10/23/2022 at 9:02 PM, Adam said:

just watched the season finale.....awesome and the way it ends you KNOW shits gonna get real in season 2

On deck for tonight ! 

On 10/26/2022 at 11:35 AM, Chris said:

so the book is basically a history book not an actual story. 

4 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

so the book is basically a history book not an actual story. 

Yeah that’s pretty much how I see it. Very dry, and not interesting at all.