TwinTiersLiving

Welcome!

Welcome to Twin Tiers Living!

Now that we've expanded the scope of what the website is about, we hope people from around the various counties in the Twin Tiers will join us. 

This site is as interactive as it gets. From the chat forums to the regional history galleries, there is always room for your expertise or your opinion. We welcome all viewpoints here, and while we may disagree from time to time, we strive to do so in a civil way. There's not a lot of rules here, but the one rule we will always keep to is to be polite. we feel this separates us from the nastiness often found on other social media websites. 

In addition to chat about news events going on around us, we'll have lots of fun topics as well, including some pertaining to what makes the Twin Tiers such a special and unique place to live. 

A site like this can't exist without you, the member. Online surveys have indicated that people don't feel comfortable giving their opinion or feel like they have nothing to contribute to a conversation. Nothing could be further from the truth! Through different viewpoints we learn more and perhaps think about something differently than we did before. So please don't be shy, jump right in, we want to hear from you!

As the site grows maybe you'll have an idea for a new feature, a new topic? Let us know, and if we can make it happen, we'll do our best to do so. Don't be surprised if we ask you to take the reigns from there though! This is a "people powered" website after all!

So again, welcome, and we hope you'll enjoy Twin Tiers Living!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I look forward to seeing what comes, it's exciting times for sure!

I feel a little sad about the name change, I worked at the “real” Star Gazette when the Sunday paper was the Sunday Telegram.  I’m sure twintiersliving.com will make a name for itself.  Good luck.

5 minutes ago, Jeri CM said:

I feel a little sad about the name change, I worked at the “real” Star Gazette when the Sunday paper was the Sunday Telegram.  I’m sure twintiersliving.com will make a name for itself.  Good luck.

I understand.

The way people consume news and the way it's provided has changed in ways I couldn't keep up. So for the past year, probably two, I didn't feel like the site lived up to the name, "ElmiraTelegram". Things will be a little more laid back, and perhaps more focus will be on the things we can compete with, the Local Writers section for example, but not much else will change. 

I hope you check in often Jeri!

I thought the membership transferred from the Telegram, but I needed to register new...

2 minutes ago, km1997 said:

I thought the membership transferred from the Telegram, but I needed to register new...

No, it’s on an entirely new server now, built from the ground up.

• Like 1