I have to pull the potatoes up, but otherwise I think today is going to be a primarily "indoors" kind of day. I got all the mowing done yesterday. I could have left it for a few days I suppose, but with the rain coming and all, I decided to get it done. Along the way I discovered the window leading to a crawlspace under the house was broken and I'm pretty sure I broke it mowing too closely. So once the mowing was done I had to fix that and boarded it up entirely. It's not like we actually have ever used it except to have foam insulation blown in, and besides, my fat ass certainly isn't fitting in there. Fortunately I had some primed grey T1-11 laying around so it kind of matches the surrounding cement. 

I'm about to log off and get some writing done. If I really concentrate I can have the first draft of Book 3 done today. Which would be helpful since I have other stuff that needs my attention. 

Have a good day all, and stay cool!

• Like 1

Today I have to shift gears and get read for the first of three music festivals on my calendar. That means getting my hands limbered up, so it's me and the guitars today I guess. 

There's some seriously sporty weather going on around the state. My buddy in Buffalo said he was doing a tornado evacuation drill and whaddya know, there's a tornado. 

I've been watching the radar, as we have family camping up along Ontario. There's a LOT of red and purple up there, but they've moved a ways inland and are out of the worst of it right now. Here's what its looking like for Chemung County in a liitle while:

Screen Shot 2024-07-10 at 3.30.44 PM.png

Yea, they had a tornado touch down in Erie County.  East Aurora and Eden are under state of emergency.  I was looking at pics.  I'm thinking was bigger than an F1

Good morning on this currently overcast Friday morning.  
Nothing exciting happening here, well except for our senile cat who has developed a taste for butter.  He got the lid off the butter dish and licked and chewed away.  Hubby threw away the remaining butter, almost a whole stick, then scrubbed the butter dish.  Luckily it was the store brand butter, which is expensive enough, and not the Kerry Gold.  
Enjoy your Friday.