I don’t think that phrase is copyrighted…

Let’s have a place where folks can pop in and say “hi”, what they’re up to, and how their day is going.

Start the day off with a “good morning” or end the day with, “Whew what a day! Good evening…”

• Like 3

It's been a great day at the Eldridge today! Lots and lots of folks have shown up to show their appreciation for great chow and, of course, history/trains. What is it about trains that kids love so much? The pavilion was packed, and it was even before the whole thing has started. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, command_prompt said:

The pavilion was packed, and it was even before the whole thing has started. 

Nice! It was definitely a good day for the event!

Our neighbors were doing a gender reveal party involving tannerite, so I stayed in with the dog until the explosion/ reveal was done. Then we went outside to get the garden planted as well as dig up a spot to plant more wildflowers alongside the house. By the time I got done with that, it was not only getting cloudy but my back was protesting, so I called it a day. Drank a couple beers on the porch watching the storm ( which wasn't much ) blow in. 

I'm gonna grill some dinner, shower, and then that's it for today. 

Have a good evening everyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Our neighbors were doing a gender reveal party involving tannerite, so I stayed in with the dog until the explosion/ reveal was done.

"It's a human baby", fanfares and fireworks and all would make those events so much interesting. 😉

• Haha 1

I’ve had very little motivation lately, so another day of just basic puttering around the house. I finally made time to do some weed-whacking the bank behind the house.

The bank is taller than me, so I can only get about 20-25% of it done before my arms get tired of holding the dang thing at shoulder level. And that’s also about as much weed debris as I can deal with before I need to shower to avoid a rash. Oh, the joys of pasty pale sensitive skin.  

If the rain forecast is correct, it’ll be a few days before I get out there for another round.

• Like 3

did glassfest yesterday and today, was sadly parked RIGHT next to a food trailer, more accurately, its generator, so both days were spent with constant idle up and down, talking over that and breathing the fumes. with the rain today, i took it as the Universe speaking and am bailing on the last day. 

decent enough turnout though i truly believe the fall and winter events have been much larger(to my surprise) gonna not jump into another show right away but may put some pieces online for sale to help reduce inventory as well as gather inspiration for new efforts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

both days were spent with constant idle up and down, talking over that and breathing the fumes

Damn that sucks.

I think I’d take that as a sign as well. And if someone asks why, be sure to tell them.

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

Damn that sucks.

I think I’d take that as a sign as well. And if someone asks why, be sure to tell them.

i spoke with one of the event coordinators about it this morning, explained i realized nothing to be done currently, but looking ahead to future events...

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Adam said:

i spoke with one of the event coordinators about it this morning, explained i realized nothing to be done currently, but looking ahead to future events...

Whomever decided it was a good idea to stick you in that spot did not think it through. And as I recall you had to use a “quiet “ generator at the Sparkle event for your lighting . And although not needed right now for lighting , maybe they should consider the same type generator for the type business you as a vendor were stuck next to .

As for myself , an exciting day of errands to Town , Cemetery and mowing the compound ( which I rather enjoy ) tomorrow’s project , as always , remains to be seen . Enjoy the rest of this Memorial Day weekend Everyone! 

Edited by Hal

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Pvt snowball said:

Good morning vote blue and get involved 

I look better in shades of red.

Edited by KarenK
  • Like 1

My back is absolutely killing me this morning, perhaps from a mix of the weather and going balls out doing yardwork yesterday. It's gonna be a "take it easy" day I think. I might even get some more work on Book 3 done. I'm fleshing out the last chapter and should have it done soon. 

Have a good day folks.

10 hours ago, Adam said:

I saw pictures of that food trailer and think they should be parked towards the beginning or end of the street so the “business” end is facing away from vendors.  I’m sure something like that could be worked out.

36 minutes ago, command_prompt said:

Good morning and happy Sunday to ya'll! 

Good morning.  You probably don’t remember me but I was on iElmira.  You were always so helpful when I had tech issues trying to do something on our computer.  I’ve always remembered your kindness.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

Good morning.  You probably don’t remember me but I was on iElmira.  You were always so helpful when I had tech issues trying to do something on our computer.  I’ve always remembered your kindness.  

Thank you! I still do IT for living. Feel free to ask any computer questions, I'm always pleased to help! 🙂

10 hours ago, Hal said:

Whomever decided it was a good idea to stick you in that spot did not think it through. And as I recall you had to use a “quiet “ generator at the Sparkle event for your lighting . And although not needed right now for lighting , maybe they should consider the same type generator for the type business you as a vendor were stuck next to .

Not much they can do about a food truck generator.  Those are built into the truck for whatever cooking/cooling devices they are using.  I guess those trucks must have the correct fire suppression/ansul systems that NY is requiring these days since Corning outlawed if they don't.

Good info to have though.  I couldn't get a food truck up for this upcoming weekend's Woodfest as the ones I wanted were booked.  Hopefully next year.  I will try to book early.  I will need to be aware of where I put them 

4 minutes ago, command_prompt said:

Thank you! I still do IT for living. Feel free to ask any computer questions, I'm always pleased to help! 🙂

Thank you.  
I’m not a big user of electronics by choice now.    I love my e reader, the idea of having hundreds of books (truth there, I love books) on my kindle keeps Hubby happy too.  There aren’t books all over the house now 😂.  I still have paper books but nothing like before e readers. 

Didn’t do much today. Just lunch and a few errands with my daughter.

Now that it’s cooled off, contemplating if it’s worth taking another swipe at weed-whacking the vertical bank. Yick.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day planned. Try to keep the holiday's purpose in mind.

The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave… – Patrick Henry

• Like 2

Today was just a putzing around the house day.  Spent some time on our back, back porch (behind the barn).  I enjoy looking at the back hill, watching the leaves on the trees dance as the breeze blows through them.  The back field is alive with birds and their songs fill the air.  It’s my quiet place.

Enjoy your evening.

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Today was just a putzing around the house day.  Spent some time on our back, back porch (behind the barn).  I enjoy looking at the back hill, watching the leaves on the trees dance as the breeze blows through them.  The back field is alive with birds and their songs fill the air.  It’s my quiet place.

Enjoy your evening.

After getting the bike out for a first ride today up to Penn Yan which was perfect, we sat out on our deck for a bit tonight waiting for the bats to come out.  So many birds.  So many sounds.  The bats were a no show.   😞

• Like 2

Good morning everyone.

I need to take it easy again today. We’ll probably spend a good deal of it with the men of Easy Company on the TV. I’ll try to get some writing done as well.

We were going to do a cook out today but it’s looking like lousy weather for that. Plus one son is working. We’ll see, there’s always the George Foreman grill I suppose.

Have a good day!

10 hours ago, KarenK said:

After getting the bike out for a first ride today up to Penn Yan which was perfect, we sat out on our deck for a bit tonight waiting for the bats to come out.  So many birds.  So many sounds.  The bats were a no show.   😞

It took me a minute to realize your bike was the motorcycle.  I wondered how you could pedal to Penn Yan. 😂 Enjoying my obviously needed only cup of coffee now.  Have a great day.

• Haha 1

Good morning all.  No special plans for us today.  Have a wonderful day.

50 minutes ago, Ann said:

Good morning all.  No special plans for us today.  Have a wonderful day.

Nope , its just her , myself and the heating pad ! Enjoy !