Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Making Maple Syrup At Home From Start To Finish

The maple that stands next to our driveway is starting to drip sap. So for the next few weeks the vehicles under it will be a bit messy. 

I don't know why I've never done this, other than pure laziness. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I have 3 huge maples in my yard and every summer and fall I say I will tap them in the spring and then have no motivation come spring.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

The maple that stands next to our driveway is starting to drip sap. So for the next few weeks the vehicles under it will be a bit messy. 

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

I have 3 huge maples in my yard and every summer and fall I say I will tap them in the spring and then have no motivation come spring.

Just remember guys it take 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup… and a helluva lot of fuel and time to boil it down ! Then that one little second you look away as it gets close  to syrup … it burns ! 

• Like 1

My buddy in Vermont is starting to post pics from the woods and the sugar shack. I’d love to get up there to hang out while they boil, but their busiest time of year is also the band’s.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

My buddy in Vermont is starting to post pics from the woods and the sugar shack. I’d love to get up there to hang out while they boil, but their busiest time of year is also the band’s.

Go on up to that Sugar shack and pull an all nighter ! Just hope he has an overstuffed chair to drowse off in  ( with mice ) a bottle of Bourbon and some coffee cups to drink it from … sorry my old boyhood memories comin’ through 😆! All those scents come through every year at this time and take me back … 

• Like 2