Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

Beavis And Butthead Return As Wonderfully Moronic As Ever

NEW YORK (AP) — The 1990s are making a comeback, with scrunchies acceptable again, “Night Court” back on TV and fanny packs and flannel all the rage. But it’s not the ’90s until two of the most idiotic teenagers return, sniggering along the way.

That’s right, Beavis and Butt-Head — forever un-matured — are on the streaming platform Paramount+ these days, still mocking culture and saying things like, “That cloud looks like a butt.”

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 10.24.50 AM.png

“It is almost fun sometimes to just go to that lazy part of your brain where you’re just blurting out whatever stupid thought comes out,” says Mike Judge, who created the duo and voices them.

A second season of “Mike Judge’s Beavis and Butt-Head” kicked off this month with our heroes at school-mandated meditation class, an alternative to detention. “This sucks,” says Butt Head, the dark-haired one in braces and an AC/DC T-shirt. “Now try to empty your mind of all thoughts,” says the teacher. It is surprisingly easy.

Read the rest here.

I could never understand the popularity of this show.

On 4/29/2023 at 10:05 AM, Ann said:

I could never understand the popularity of this show.

Well you were never really their target audience. 

The thing with this show is it was largely intended to be stupid for stupidity's sake. Honestly, the best part was them watching and ripping on music videos. A lot of the rest of it was forgettable. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Well you were never really their target audience. 

The thing with this show is it was largely intended to be stupid for stupidity's sake. Honestly, the best part was them watching and ripping on music videos. A lot of the rest of it was forgettable. 

Remember, you are talking to the woman who can watch Deadpool, Dave Chappell, etc. and not see enough of the humor to  laugh.  Hubby says I don’t have a sense of humor but I like to think my sense of humor is more refined than his.  For instance, when my sister’s husband did something he thought was funny and she didn’t, he told her she didn’t have a sense of humor.   “I sleep with you” she told him.  Now I thought that was hilarious and LMAO when she told me.

These guys aren't funny at all. They are retarded. I have no idea what target audience finds them funny. I guess you'd have to be a dumb person and know it. I grew up in this time period and I never got the hype. King of the Hill was great though. But this is the same network that gave you Jackass and adults rave about that crap. Unless they were gunna die doing stupid shit I had no interest in Jackass