TTL News

"Race For The White House 2024" Open Chat

It's almost that time again, so we'll start an open forum for conversation about the Presidential Election coming up in 2024

Former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson ( R ) has formally announced his candidacy for President. 

Democrat or anyone with a pulse is preferable to this doddering old fool and his Laughing Hyena cohort . He says he want to finish what he started ,  if this Country survives this Term we sure as hell won’t survive another ! Yes he will finish what he started … the finish of everything we barely recognize as America as it is . 

South Carolina Senator Tim Scott has announced he will announce his candidacy for president on Monday.

25 minutes ago, Elmira Telegram said:

South Carolina Senator Tim Scott has announced he will announce his candidacy for president on Monday.

It appears Desantis will be announcing his candidacy too.  I remember when he was running for re-election as governor in Florida he said he wasn’t interested in a Presidential run in 2024.  He still had work to do for the people of Florida.  Is there such a thing as a politician who honors their word?   

According to Reuters, former NJ governor Chris Christie is expected to join the race next week:

PRINCETON, New Jersey (Reuters) -Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who advised Donald Trump's White House campaign in 2016 only to become a vocal critic of the former president in recent months, will launch a bid for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination next week, a person familiar with the matter said.

Christie, 60, enters the race as a decided underdog, six years after his 2016 presidential campaign failed to gain traction amid a crowded field that included Trump. Only 1% of Republicans said he would be their preferred nominee in a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted May 9-15.

Good God, it’s gonna be 2016 all over again.

Paging Jen Bush, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul… Bush, Cruz and Paul to the stage please. 

Former Vice-President Mike Pence has officially entered the race. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

So has Cornel West: 

I’ve been thinking about throwing my hat into the Presidential ring…Common Sense Party.    I have to discuss things with my family first as it could change their lives.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Former Vice-President Mike Pence has officially entered the race. 

I actually kind of like him.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

So has Cornel West: 

Is this guy for real?  If so, that's concerning.  lol

some former governor Aransas? has entered now as well

more i think of it, you see the dems solidify behind one candidate, i think, because to them a win is a win no matter how shitty the person that wins

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

more i think of it, you see the dems solidify behind one candidate, i think, because to them a win is a win no matter how shitty the person that wins

Hopefully Biden will pick a new VP running mate but I won’t hold my breath.  A vote for Biden and if he wins means a Presidency for Harris in my humble opinion.  

• Like 2

I would throw all my money on Trump being re installed. It would be the ultimate chaos move. They love chaos. It would piss many off. I remember the Economist magazine ran an article on December 2016 for their annual year in edition. It had Donald Trump with a sequence of tarot cards. These tarot cards read "The Towwr" "The Star" and other things. I think there were 8 cards in the picture. The interpretation seemed to be he was the last president. I believe on 3-13-2020 @ 3:33pm when he declared that emergency the country was actually put under control to FEMA and they are still technically in umcontrol. You could argue the country is toast...or living on borrowed time. The covid game basically killed it but they still have to finish the rcomomy off. They haven't defaulted on the debt yet. I think Teump being the last puppet in chief so to speak is installed a 2nd time to finish off the job. 

Sooo... how many more indictments does someone need before the party starts saying, "Eh, you know what? We're gonna shop around a little here. Thanks but no thanks."

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Sooo... how many more indictments does someone need before the party starts saying, "Eh, you know what? We're gonna shop around a little here. Thanks but no thanks."

I don’t think the Republican Party is all that behind Trump.  It’s the people.
 What upsets me is that on most of the news channels all you see and hear is about Trump and indictments.  To me, this smells of election interference, what Trump is accused of doing, in my opinion.     The focus is on Trump and nothing about the Bidens and the possible corruption there.  

A can of worms has been opened.  Was it Lenin or Marx who said “accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.
In my opinion, that’s what is happening now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I don’t think the Republican Party is all that behind Trump.  It’s the people.
 What upsets me is that on most of the news channels all you see and hear is about Trump and indictments.  To me, this smells of election interference, what Trump is accused of doing, in my opinion.     The focus is on Trump and nothing about the Bidens and the possible corruption there.  

A can of worms has been opened.  Was it Lenin or Marx who said “accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.
In my opinion, that’s what is happening now.

You make an excellent point here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

Where there’s smoke, there’s generally fire.

There’s plenty of smoke in the White House right now, that fire also needs to be put out.

• Like 2