Sign in to follow this  
Chris

“Ahsoka” Teaser Released

Where does this take place in the Star Wars timeline?

55 minutes ago, Ann said:

Where does this take place in the Star Wars timeline?

5 years after Return of the Jedi

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andy said:

5 years after Return of the Jedi

Wasn’t  she was in the Mandaloran?

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Wasn’t  she was in the Mandaloran?

Yep, she originated from The Clone Wars cartoons as Anakin’s padawan and later in the spin-off/sequel Star Wars Rebels, which ends setting up this show

• Like 1

Thing is, I didn’t care for Ahsoka when she first made her debut. Over time though, she grew on me and ultimately I recognize that she grew into being a complete badass. Even if she never attained the title of Jedi Knight.

Being the padawan of Anakin Skywalker, some bad assery will rub off on you, I guess.

Star wars is still going? It feels like the national lampoon franchise. Although they may have finally ended that. I always thought the star wars video games were cool but I could never really get into the movies. They used to play them on TV when I was a kid once a year or every couple of years. I'm not sure I ever got through the first movie. 

14 hours ago, JustAGuy said:

Star wars is still going? It feels like the national lampoon franchise. Although they may have finally ended that. I always thought the star wars video games were cool but I could never really get into the movies. They used to play them on TV when I was a kid once a year or every couple of years. I'm not sure I ever got through the first movie. 

Do you live under a rock?

On 4/27/2023 at 9:25 AM, Chris said:

Rebels started off slow but turned into a great show.  The mural they show in the new trailer was straight from Rebels

Ahsoka star Ashley Eckstein admitted she shed some tears after seeing the initial negative backlash to her Clone Wars Star Wars hero.

Fandoms can be passionate places. But with passion, toxicity tends to find its way amongst its ranks; Star Wars is one of the franchises most prone to those questionable qualities.

Most recently, some very vocal fans caused an uproar when The Mandalorianstarted focusing more on Bo-Katan Kryze instead of Din Djarin. Some even declared the series ruined.

Before that, Moses Ingram's Inquisitor Reva's riled up undesirables who took it upon themselves to review bomb Disney+'s Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Read the rest here.

I did not care for the character at all when "Clone Wars" first came out. But in time, the character grew and I grew to like her. Now, I can't wait to see the live action show.

Star Wars "fans" still suck though.

Siege of Mandalore, Order 66, and her work with the early rebellion being left off that list are criminal 

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 1.25.11 PM.png

Disney is completely changing when it plans to air Ahsoka. But it’s actually good news because, according to Collider, the new Star Wars limited series developed by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will now be airing at a more convenient time. New episodes of the series are scheduled to air at 6 PM PT beginning August 22.

New episodes of Ahsoka will be released on Tuesdays—not the previously planned Wednesday schedule—at 6 PM PT, starting August 22.

Less than a week before Ahsoka‘s highly anticipated premiere on Disney+, the House of Mouse announced that their newest Star Wars series has been rescheduled. New episodes of the show following Ahsoka Tano, a former Jedi Knight, will be released on Tuesdays—not the previously planned Wednesday schedule—at 6 PM PT.

This scheduling shift not only promises a more synchronized viewing experience for fans but also aims to foster increased engagement and communal discussion surrounding the show.

The decision to adjust the release schedule for Ahsoka stems from a desire to bring fans together and enable them to enjoy the latest adventures of their favorite characters all at once.

Source

• Like 1

We watched the first two episodes last night and man it was good!

I've never been good at understanding Chopper, so I missed this exchange:

Spoiler

chop.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 7:43 AM, Chris said:

We watched the first two episodes last night and man it was good!

i admit im comparing it to Mando series; it was a bit....meh but certainly see potential for some great duels to come

Are you familiar with, or did you watch “Rebels”?

I think the thing we have to do is take these stories on an individual basis. Comparing this to that, I think, could overshadow an otherwise important story. Such as “Andor”.

Or maybe I’m just really tired and should go to bed.

While I am bummed tomorrow is the last episode, I can't wait to see how they end this season. I've no doubt it'll be a cliff hanger, but I can't help but think it's gonna be tough to beat the past few episodes. 

We’ve been watching Ahsoka and are enjoying the show very much.  It’s hard waiting for new seasons to return, it seems to take so long.   I see Loki will be returning and we’ll watch that too.