Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Sunrise Insulation

Website

Dundee NY 

While the company isn't "local" per se, they do serve this area of the region so I guess that counts. 

We've been watching a lot of "This Old House" and "Holmes On Homes" so we were excited to have a company highly recommended when we wanted to better insulate our homw. 

These guys are great. They arrive when they say they're gonna whether it's to give an estimate or to do the job. The guy told me they'd be here about 8:30 today and they were here at 8:27. 

They did a nice job taping and covering any surfaces we didn't want to have spray residual on ( which really wasn't much at all ). Also, I was impressed by how fast they got the job done. I think they were out of here in about three hours. The fact they had a team of four guys for ours and another job in Elmira certainly helped. 

We got closed cell insulation, 3" thick for an R-value of 21 in the usable, previously uninsulated section of our attic as well as a crawlspace under about 1/3 of our house. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 7.49.32 PM.png

Attic

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 7.49.49 PM.png

Crawlspace

I found it a little odd they sprayed over the vent on one end of the attic. When I asked, the guy said that's what they do. This insulation doesn't need to "breathe" he said, and having the vent open would defeat the purpose of having the whole project in the first place. He did say if we wanted to cut it out we could, but he didn't recommend it. I figured they're the experts, so okay!

I can see how this stuff would be EXCELLENT for blocking road noise, it's kind of eerily still in the attic. I can't help but wonder how it would help us here. But that would involve tearing out plaster and lath, as well as the blown in insulation I'm sure that's behind it. No thanks. 

As for price, the friend who recommended them was surprised at how low the estimate was. 

Overall, I'd say these guys are top notch and worth your consideration should you need to insulate your house. 

• Like 2