Sign in to follow this  
TTL News

"Quantum Leap" Reboot Possibly In The Works

There has been speculation in the past that a Quantum Leap reboot could happen or even that it could possibly resurface as a movie, but neither a new television show nor a movie has ever come to fruition.

Samleaping.jpg

Also, It has been quite a while since fans have been privy to anything concrete regarding whether or not a Quantum Leap reboot is in the works. In fact, referencing IMDb, the only thing that fans have gotten was a documentary titled A Kiss With History: Remembering Quantum Leap that paid homage to the now three-decade-old show back in 2004.

Thus, a Quantum Leap reboot is certainly long overdue. However, it is encouraging to know that conversations are actually happening which indicated at least some forward momentum. 

Read more here.

What do you think? Is it time for reboots to pass out of style or would you be interested in this one?

Reboots sometimes don’t live up to the original show.  I see they are doing a “Wonder Years” reboot.

I would check out a new Quantum Leap.

No reboot at all for this show the ending was perfect and does not need to get redone with a modern spin cause Hollywood is out of original ideas. 

• Like 3

I’d kinda like to see Sam get home though, even if it’s decades later. So a movie would be cool, kinda like they did with Deadwood.

But a reboot to start all over again? Nah.

• Like 1

I agree the series finale did Sam dirty. I would love to see him leap home at about the same time he left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I would love to see him leap home at about the same time he left.

After a difficult time of getting there, maybe he’s decades older, knows what needs to be fixed and manages to do it. Then leaps back to the beginning.

• Like 1

That and the show Pretender are my favorite 2 shows I watched growing up. 

23 hours ago, Chris said:

I’d kinda like to see Sam get home though, even if it’s decades later. So a movie would be cool, kinda like they did with Deadwood.

But a reboot to start all over again? Nah.

17 hours ago, Kevin said:

I agree the series finale did Sam dirty. I would love to see him leap home at about the same time he left.

I disagree I think it would cheapen Sam's sacrifice. 

5 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I disagree I think it would cheapen Sam's sacrifice. 

Yeah you have a point. Maybe if he's been leaping all these years since? No way to go back, just picks up in the here and now?

On 9/22/2021 at 1:11 PM, Zapp Brannigan said:

No reboot at all for this show the ending was perfect and does not need to get redone with a modern spin cause Hollywood is out of original ideas. 

Actually we never got to see the final episode… until today and it did end perfectly ! Will give the reboot a watch tonite but really I don’t see it getting as good as the original ! 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, Chris said:

Yeah you have a point. Maybe if he's been leaping all these years since? No way to go back, just picks up in the here and now?

If I understand correctly its not a future continuation of the quantum leap project so not a reboot

15 hours ago, Hal said:

Actually we never got to see the final episode… until today and it did end perfectly ! Will give the reboot a watch tonite but really I don’t see it getting as good as the original ! 

Not very many shows end in a perfect way and this was one of the few 

• Like 1

I was thinking it's supposed to be more of a sequel like a "Next Generation". 

Where Ziggy is brought back on line decades later...and new crew and different characters working on the project, without Sam. 

Edited by MsKreed

I just can’t bring myself to care about this reboot. They can’t ever recreate the dynamic between Sam and Al in the first one. Nor do I think anyone is capable of taking on tough topics without being over the top and preachy about it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chris said:

Nor do I think anyone is capable of taking on tough topics without being over the top and preachy about it.

I hadn't even thought of that, but you're absolutely right!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsKreed said:

I hadn't even thought of that, but you're absolutely right!

Yeah when you look back, Quantum Leap addressed a lot of issues like racism and that. And in hindsight it probably makes people think without beating them over the head with it.

• Like 1

So I have started watching this show on the Peacock app. I absolutely loved the original show. So far I am trying to give this a shot and looking at it as a new show. 

It isn't bad, but so far not so great. They do seem to be focusing more on the crew behind the scenes while Gushy and Ziggy were rarely seen. 

So far it seems typical of all series out on network TV today. Nothing spectacular about it. 

I've never given a chance. I'm just tired of reboots and attempts to re-capture lightning in a bottle. 

• Like 1